Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Two Classic Meseidy Moments.....In One Night!


First moment: Today was my office Christmas Party. There was a great spead of food and lots of people coming in and out. So about an hour into the party we have a toast. I am no longer a drinker, in fact I cannot remember when was the last time I had a drink. But we are having a toast and they pass out small glasses of champage, and I drink it. It was a very small glass, it was not a flute. Shortly after I am sitting in the dessert room talking with the attorney that we use and the on site insurance agent and I start to feel like my face is on fire. I intially ignore it, but I can feel it getting hotter and hotter and it starts to itch a little. I ask our attorney if my face is read, he acknowledges that I am a little flushed. I get up and go to the restroom, when I turn on the light I see myself and it isn't pretty. My face is a blotchy bright red and HOT.....I am talking tomato red, I was definatly having some sort of a reaction to the champage. I splash water on my face but it does nothing. Finally, I walk out and my broker and fellow agents are freaking. I told them to calm down that I was sure it would clear up on its own, I just needed to dringk some water. It did eventually clear up but is was very embarassing to be walking around trying to network and mingle looking like a hot red pepper.

Second moment: I had to leave the party early to go into the restaurant for work. I fight traffic, I speed, I am trying to get there as soon as possible and when I pull into the parking lot and grab my bag a realize it is very light. I forgot my work shoes! UGH! So I had to go in tell manager that I forgot my shoes and then go home pick them up and come back. Making me an hour late for work.

Two classic Meseidy moments!

technorati tag:

1 comment:

B* said...

Wow...Allergic to champagne! Never heard of anyone who was!