Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Good Morning?

I had a heck of an interesting morning. First Buster is sweet enough to wake me up earlier then usual with jumping on me and licking my face. I get up and take him outside for a walk. As I walked down the porch stairs I walked right into a spider web....FUN! Then after Buster was done I went and laid back down for a bit. Apparently this was a mistake because of course I woke up late. I jump out of bed to get dressed for work. While I try and find something to wear, Buster is on high speed and is insisting on trying to steal my shoes out of the closet. I had to run block all morning, taking shoes away from him. Then I couldn't find anything that didn't require ironing, which is a problem since my iron is still in the trunk of my car. (mental note take iron out of trunk) Finally I find something that is semi non-wrinkled to wear. Buster decides to move from my shoes to the hem of my sweat pants. You try walking around the house with a Jack Russell attached to you ankle.

Finally I pull myself together and am about to leave but my precious puppy decides that this is the perfect time to play keep away, nevermind the fact I should have left 5 mins. earlier. He hides under the futon and every time I reached in for him he would nip at me, bark and back up. Needless to say I was getting a little bit frustrated. Grrrr! Finally I nab the little monster, put him in his crate, grab my purse and run out the door. It is now 7 past 8, not bad but not good either. I turn on the car and hear a report that the tunnel is backed up pretty bad, so I decide to take another tunnel route. Not the smartest thing to do, this way was just as backed up if not worse. I get of at the exit before the tunnel and go the back way to get back to my place to go another route. (are you following me so far?) What happens when I get off this exit? I don't know where I am. I look around and I am surrounded by semitrucks and cargo containers, in the back roads of some industrial/port area. Finally after roaming around for a bit I find my way back. It is now 8:12, defiantly not good. I call my co-worker and inform her that I will be late to the office. I am now on my way to the office, taking the 3rd possible route and I am doing well...speeding but doing well. I decided (being the female I am) to multi-task in the car and put some make up on. This apparently is another mistake because due to my failed multi-tasking abilities I miss the exit to the main high way and find myself, yet again in the wrong place. (At this point I do a one word prayer....you know the one...LORD?) I then have to get of turn around to get back to my exit and onto the main highway. UGH! It is now 8:45, I was suppose to be at work at 8:30.

I finally get to the campus and since classes already had begun I end up parking in 10 buck 2! By the time I walked through the door it was 9:00 am....oh and to top it all off it was raining! I went straight to my office, dropped my purse and made a bee line for the coffee pot.

It was not a good morning.

technorati tag:

No comments: