Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Ugh Like a Sap I Teared Up

Ok so I had a small spell of insomnia last night. I think is was probably brought on by the fact that I had slept till noon that day and being exhausted for the move over the weekend. I spent a good chunk of my day vegging out on the sofa, which was much needed rest after a very exhausting weekend.
So late last night I was flipping channels trying to get to sleep, and Beaches was on. I haven't seen this movie in years and I am ashamed to admit that I watched it last night. Now I am someone that is always trying to act all tough and doesn't cry during sappy movies. I got almost all the way through the movie and I remember thinking at one point when the brunette was dying that I hadn't cried and it was a pretty sad part of the movie. Then it got to the part after the funeral and Bette is talking to the little girl about her mom and I started to tear up! All of a sudden I started leaking! LEAKING! I hate crying during sappy movies! Especially Beaches! That is what I get for watching it in the first place! I almost made it too, I almost made it through the entire movie without crying...then those last 5 mins got me. UGH!
It wasn't me...the insomnia made me do it.

technorati tag:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, try being a 36-year-old married father of two girls and being the one person in the household who cries the most during tear-jerker movies and TV shows! It's embarassing!