Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Flan and Party Success

Success! I used a different receipe and the flan came out perfect and it was a hit. The party on Saturday was a hit all the way around. I cooked and slaved all day and it was well worth it. I think about 20 people showed up and my food was gone in no time! The menu was pernil which (well seasoned pork shoulder), arroz con gandules (spanish rice with pigeon peas), tostones (fried plaintains) and coconut flan and everyone ate. Next time I know to make just a little more because people wanted seconds but there wasn't enough for 2 trips.

It was a beautiful evening outside, so we got to use the deck and there were a few latins in the group so we put on some music and got some dancing going. It was a blast and I am still getting emails from people saying they enjoyed it.

When it was all over and done with I was exhausted and my roomate was awesome enough to pick up, because I could barely move. Then I had to get up early the next morning and help at my church in the nursery for the morning service. I was in church by 8:30 a.m. on Sunday. Soooooo tired, but the babies were great and sooooo much fun!

Good times!


technorati tag:

1 comment:

Chris Lautischer said...

Aqui es mi horible atemptar a espaƱol ... Muy bien blog. Tengo feliz porque su fiesta sonida bien...

Wow... I need more practise badly... Anyways... I love the blog keep it up!