Monday, October 24, 2005

Consequences of Lazy Weekends and Buyer Backout

So like I told you I did absolutely nothing over the weekend except for sleep in, unpack a few things and lay on the couch. It was a fabulous weekend, however I needed to clean out my car and make it presentable because it was seriously trashed and dirty from the move, considering I used my tiny Honda Civic as a moving van but that is besides the point. So because of my extreme case of laziness I never got around to cleaning out my car over the weekend, and I made the mistake of taking a huge nap on Sunday and therefore staying up WAY too late Sunday night.

Monday morning comes around and I believe I set the alarm to go off at 7, but I am sure I snoozed it about.....oh let say.....1,204,432 times, ok that is an exaggeration but you get my point. Finally I drag my tail out of bed because I remember that I have an appointment to go pick up a buyer and take him around to see some houses and I still haven't cleaned out the inside of my car, not to mention the olive oil that some how managed to trickle all down the handle of my passenger door. I lay there and debate if I REALLY need to get up, because I just have this gut feeling that he is going to cancel but either way I shouldn't risk it and it is not good to bring a client into your car when it is in that condition. Yeah defiantly the collection of, dust, sand, cat hair, pennies, pens, tiny pieces of paper and I think I found a petrified French fry between the seat and the center console.....yeah not a good thing. So I get up and put on my most oversized and comfortable pair of sweats, pull my matted hair back in a ponytail, gargle some mouthwash (I will brush when I am getting ready) and grab the vacuum. As I leave my room I am startled by the grey colored mutant with matted hair and raccoon eyes that I see in my full length mirror with my peripheral vision (I really need to start washing my face before I go to bed) ......then suddenly there is a momentary sigh of relief when I realize it is just me.....then I begin to worry for my future husband and pray he doesn't die of shock the first time he wakes up to me in the morning.

Half asleep and realizing that I shouldn't have taken a shortcut and should have just gone ahead and brushed my teeth....ick! I garb a plastic bag, paper towel and some wet wipes with my vacuum in toe to go clean out my car......it is 8 in the morning. (Since I started my own schedule 8 has become and ungodly hour for me to be up doing hard labor) I get the car all cleaned up and presentable and the olive oil has managed to leave a nice sheen to my passenger door. I head inside to get ready, making myself into Super Fabulous Real Estate Agent Extraordinaire(I have a sudden vision of me with a cape in a Jones New York suit with a Kenneth Cole briefcase holding a SOLD sign).

I jump into my now nice clean and presentable Honda Civic and off I go. In my head I thinking of all the things I need to get done and calls I need to make before picking up my buyer to go look at some properties. I also make note that I am running low on gas and should gas up before picking up my buyer....then the phone rings. Guess who? BINGO......and tell them what they won! It is my buyer:

Phone Call Transcript:

Meseidy: Good Morning this is Meseidy

Buyer: Meseidy good morning this is *****

Meseidy: Hey ***** what can I do for you?

Buyer: You are going to hate me.

Meseidy: You know I had a feeling u were going to cancel.

Buyer: Yeah, but you are going to hate me for another reason.......I decided to rent, I found a place over the weekend.

Needless to say, I lost a buyer, he was on the fence anyway so I wasn't shocked, but still not a way to start a Monday morning. I should have gone with my gut, or maybe God was just telling me to relax, I could clean my car another day. It is all good, my car is clean and I am still Super Fabulous Real Estate Agent Extraordinaire (Just need work on getting the Jones New York suit and Kenneth Cole briefcase) .

technorati tag:

No comments: