Friday, October 21, 2005

Prospecting for Business

I take one to two hours of my day and make cold calls prospecting for business. Here was one of this mornings calls.....I can't help but laugh sometimes. Mind you I am told to stay on script until my 5th question.

Hi this is Meseidy with ******....and I was wondering....When do you plan on moving?

Prospect: When I die.

When you die....Terrific! How long have you lived at this address?

Prospect: 5 years

Great! Where did you folks move from?

Prospect: Down the street.

Good for you! How did you happen to pick this area?

Prospect: My daughter lives here.

Excellent! If you were to move...where would you go next?

Prospect: To the cemetary!

Well thank you very much! Have a great day!

Sigh, can't like everything about you job. Prospecting is the one thing I am not crazy about....LOL

technorati tag:

No comments: