Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Deep Thoughts by Meseidy: Check Engine

My check engine light has been on for awhile now and although I know what the problem is, I haven't been able to afford to fix it. I assume it isn't a super huge major issue because I have been driving with it on for months now. However it made me think this morning. How many times do we all have a sure fire sign that something is wrong but we choose to ignore it? We all have our own personal check engine light and I am sure we have all been guilty of ignoring it....that is almost a given.

The fact of the matter is that if I continue to ignore the warning sign it is more then likely at some point it is going to "break" and then I am going to be without a car...not good. I guess what I am saying is that ignoring the problem is obviously not a solution to the problem and it could just end up blowing up in your face.

I think I may call the mechanic.

technorati tag:

2 comments:

Peg said...

I can relate - I ignore those warnings in my head all the time. I enjoyed reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

About your car: nine times out of ten it's a faulty sensor or loose wire. If nothing's rattling, popping, or grinding, you're probably going to be okay.