Friday, July 15, 2005

Another Uneventful Day.....Or Maybe Not......

I was sitting at my desk today diligently hard at work (of course) typing away, making edits, adding numbers and filing. My day was pretty uneventful.

Across from my desk is an empty office. As I was sitting at my desk diligently hard at work (of course) I start to hear a funny noise coming from the office that is suppose to be empty. I sounds like a low pitched screeching jammed copier and buzzing fax mixed together. So I stop typing for a moment and listen really hard, but then my phone rings and I have to answer….”J*** B****** office this is Meseidy.”……”I will put you through, just a moment.” Once I transfer the call I sit and start to listen again really hard. I can still here this noise coming from the empty office, so I get up and start to walk towards the door. Suddenly I am hit will this horrible smell of wet ink and burnt toner. I am thinking what in the world is in that room. Then suddenly I start to hear a telephone ringing, but when I look at my desk it isn’t my phone it is coming from the empty office. I grab the big long 3-hole puncher from my desk and start walking back to the door, the noise is getting louder,*SCREEECH-BUZZZZZ-RING*, it is horrible. I get to the door and start to turn the door knob, holding the 3-hole puncher with my right hand. I quickly swing the door open and the first think I notice is that horrible smell comes rushing out. Then suddenly I feel something hitting me, it is small and sharp, I fall back, one almost pokes my eye out. I am confused but I noticed they are staples. I try and get my bearings with the 3-hole puncher in my right hand ready to strike and when I look I see the most horrible thing you could find in an office. It is some mutant monster hybrid! I see photocopier, fax and telephone lines coming out of it. It is shooting staples and spitting paper and ink out all over the place it has gone WILD! It is so loud and noisy I can barely hear myself think and I can here that annoying woman, with the annoying voice, saying that annoying announcement, “Sorry this number is no longer in service, please check your number and call back again” over and over again. Suddenly I don’t know what came over me, I grab a pair of HUGE scissors with my free hand and I start to charge towards this horrible hybrid of copier, fax and phone. It squirts me with ink straight in the face. I am blinded for a moment but I have it under control. I cry out, “I am taking you OUT SUCKER!” I start beating it with the hole puncher, and cutting cords left and right with the scissors. There are staples and pieces of plastic from beating the beast everywhere, I am nicked all over. But I am not going down without a fight. “WRONG NUMBER MY TAIL!” I scream and smash it hard with the hole puncher. Suddenly there is silence and the room starts to fill with smoke. Then the fire alarm goes off, then the sprinklers go off, my co-workers come rushing in. “Meseidy, you are a hero, you took out the horrible mutant monster hybrid”!

………….*ring*……..*ring*…….”Sigh, J*** B******’s office this is Meseidy.”……

Ok so maybe I didn't kill a horrible mutant hybrid today, but I was diligently hard at work (of course) typing away, making edits, adding numbers and filing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL.. You had me sitting here like WTH?? You have some creative writing skills I'll give you that lol!!

Take care prima!

Meseidy said...

My secret wishes, I think everyone who works in an office would like ot have it out with the office equipment just once. lol

Alex said...

That is a funny story:)

I nearly shredded my employee badge in an industrial shredder. Part of my employee badge has shredder marks on it!!!

God Bless You Sister. I pray that your new job will be to His glory:)

In His Service,
Alex Rubio, Your Brother In Christ Jesus