Thursday, July 28, 2005

Blah!

Ever have one of those days that can just be described as Blah?  I am really making an attempt to cheer up and I know what is behind my blahness but I just cant seem to kick it today.  It funny or ironic though how sometimes on these kind of days you make an attempt to connect with someone, do something to get you out of that funk but everyone is busy or doing something.  I call friend 1 for lunch, busy, I call friend 2 for lunch, tomorrow is better, I go to co-workers desk to see if maybe they want to do lunch, cant got in late this morning.  Then I realize that my friend list lately is pretty short.  I am generally a very social and outgoing person, but lately I have been a bit anti-social and reclusive.  (I am sure a psychiatrist would have fun with that, So how does that make you feel?)  So I decide that this needs to be corrected and I call the church I have been visiting to see if there are any small groups meeting this evening……they are done for the summer. UGH!  Although the girl that answered the phone is in one of the groups and took my info and said she would call if they get together for something, lets hope she calls.  Lol  So my blahness at this point is not getting any better.  But I decide to push on! J  I emailed one of the pastor at the church and informed him of my interest in service opportunities like greeting, info booth and child care, may be this way I can get to know more people.  I pray he doesn’t email me back and say..We dont need any help now, but we will keep you in mind if we do., I doubt that would be the case but hey it wouldn’t surprise me today. J   I think I going to go get a HUGE plate of nachos, comfort food. Lol  J 


1 comment:

Trouble said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I like yours too!

I understand this feeling, singleness is hard at times. Most of my good friends at work are married, and I don't have alot in common with some of the single folks (many of whom are over a decade younger than me). My list of single friends to hang out with is short, and eating lunch alone makes me feel totally blah too.

{{{hug}}}