Thursday, July 14, 2005

Visiting

I have been in search of a new church for awhile now. About I year ago I was looking, but got tired and went back to my old church, now I am out looking again. Not that my old church isn't good, but it is just time for me to find something else.

I have recently started visiting New Life @ Providence (see link in side bar) and so far I am really enjoying it. The congregation is very diverse and they have a Hispanic ministry, which is very appealing to me. I would love to meet some people who speak my language. The pastor is great, gives a great message, is very down to earth and is very funny so he manages to keep me awake through the entire service, which is something to be said about considering I have the attention span of a nate. This Sunday I plan to go again and also visit the Spanish church Nueva Vida which has a 2:00 p.m. service, so I will let you know how that goes.

Also, I have started to visit the churche's small groups, these are bible studies/social, good place to meet new people. I went to the first one on Tuesday and it was really good. Pretty big group of people, most of them in graduate school or are already out working like me. I had actually met the leader a year earlier at another church's small group, so I had someone to chat with for a bit after the bible study was over. He did a really good job leading and challenging the group to discussion. So all in all it went well, I may go again. I plan to visit some more groups thru he week. There was on on Wednesday, but I was pooped and too lazy to go, it will have to wait till next week. Tomorrow however, there is another group which I am going to visit, a "Young Adult" group (College/Early Career) that is run by the Spanish church Nueva Vida. I am looking forward to that one. Also, on Saturday there is another one that is Graduate/Early Career and focuses on people who live in my neighborhood. I will keep you posted on my visits, how they go and eventually make a decision.

Well it is getting late, I have to go see Law & Order and take a shower. LATER!

No comments: