Wednesday, August 31, 2005

All In a Day's Work......

I had a fabulously interesting yet exhausting day yesterday that ended with a scary note. Yesterday I took the day off from my “real job” and for the first time I was able to take an entire day…..well almost an entire day and work my real estate gig.

I got up bright and early in the morning…..ok….7:37 a.m., not that impressive but still early. So got up and dressed and out the door by 8 a.m. (I amaze myself sometimes) I had orientation at my local real estate association to I could become a REALTOR © (I will explain what is so special another time). I sat through this not so interesting class of ethics until 12:00 p.m. We learned about all the things we could, should and cannot do. At the end of the class the instructor had the class divide up into 2 teams and play a game of what was a sort of Jeopardy. A team would pick a answer for $50, $100 or $200 and then the first to call out the question would get the “points”. Well I honestly though that I wasn’t going to have a clue and then suddenly there I was giving questions…..4 in a row in fact! The guy behind me called me…..Ken Jennings, LOL. Then I got nervous realizing that all this attention was on my and I screwed up on the next answer because I didn’t put the response in the form of a question. DUH! No matter my team got the Final Jeopardy question right and we won. HA!

After my orientation, I ran home got all my real estate stuff and ran over to the real estate office. I hopped on my computer to see if any new listings had popped up for a buyer that I have in line that is anxious to buy, but there was nothing. I had faxed him 6 properties the night before and out of the 6 he was interested in 2 but one was already gone. So I called him to see if he was available to see the one he was interested in. He said yes, so I ran a CMA, pulled the tax info and was out the door. I was running late so I think I may of cut off about 4-5 people on my way….sorry. J I get to the house and my buyer is there waiting. He does repairs and construction so he had just gotten off the roof checking out its condition, he mentioned some one had laid shingles on top of the old roof, first not so good sign. Second not so good sign, I get the key out of the lock box and we notice that the door knob isn’t set in right. In fact it looks like it is sideway, it takes us about 5 minutes to get the door open. So we walk in and ICK! Nasty and the place was being sold as it. The carpet was gross, and there were a few roach carcasses laying around, the utilities were cut off (hint if you are selling a house leave the utilities on) there were multiple things which I am not going to bore you with. So we are making our way out and I am looking at the CMA an there is a house on it which I hadn’t noticed and it is active. So I get on the phone call my broker to call the selling agent and see if it is still available, and it is. We pull out the map book and find it and drive over. This house was much better and much cuter and the utilities were on, which makes such a difference when you are showing a house, but my buy wasn’t to keen on the area, so it was a no go. We chat for awhile discuss options and I am on my way back to the office (ffthis time with no need to cut anyone off). When I get back to the office I hope on the computer and low and behold there are 3 new properties on the system, after deducting 2 of the out, I was on my way again to the same area I had just come from to show this new property to my buyer. This is much better and my buyer is interested. Cool thing is as I was showing the house to him, a young married couple shows up at the door with no agent representation and a approval letter. GOLD! So I show them around get their info and set up to meet them and sign them up next week. I get back to my buyer and we agree to meet back at the office at 6:30. Unfortunately he runs late, doesn’t get there till about 7:30 or 8:00. We write up the offer and I faxed it out a 9:00 p.m. SIGH! All in a days work!

So now we just wait and see. The agent is presenting tonight, so hopefully by tomorrow we will know if they accept our offer. Say a little prayer!

After I finished up at the office I headed home. I have two options to get home, I can either take the highway or I can go the back way which takes you through a not so nice part of town. Well for some reason I choose the back way. As I am driving along the bright zoup up yellow car zooms by me and cuts me off. Then a few minutes later I come up on several cars stopped and when I look there is the yellow car and a man laying in the street. The yellow car had hit the man. I got on my cell right away and called 911. The man was moving so I pray he made it ok. The ambulance and police got there right way, literaly 2 minutes or after I called 911. As soon as I heard the ambulance, I said a little prayer and got out of there. It wasn't the best part of town and there were alot of people starting to gather around, so I though it best to leave.

Well, tonight looks like it may be another late night. I have another potential buyer, with an approval letter coming in tonight at about 7. Hopefully I will eventually be able to make it back to the gym.

1 comment:

Lovely Lisa said...

How awesome! I was suppossed to show houses today, but every single one was pending by 9 am thismorning!!! doesn't happen often, but at least i'm free tonight now!
sometimes its nice to have an evening to yourself!