Tuesday, August 30, 2005

UGH Knitting Help!

Ok is there anyone out there that can help me? I am attempting a new hobby of knitting and I got the knit and purl stich down and the stockett stitch, but I can not get the ribbing. Everytime I attempt it I just get a knoted mess! It is seriously irritating me! I mean the directions make it sounds like it is a simple pattern of knit and purl, but then it says something about the working yarn to bring it to the front or back and I am not getting it because all I end up with is a HUGE knot. Any advice?

3 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Say you are starting a new row, and the first two stiches are a knit, then the next two are purl, and this repeats to the end. Knit one, knit another, then move the yarn from the right needle (if you are righthanded) to the front of the needle. After you knit a stitch, the yarn on the right needle seems to hang from the back...move it towards your left hand and bring it to the front of the needle. It is really hard to explain, but if you don't get it, go to the store you bought your yarn, and they might be able to show you.

Lovely Lisa said...

oh, then you purl your two stitches, and then move the yarn back to the back of the needle before you do the two next knit stitches...
hope it helps...it takes a few tries to get the rhythm down, and as you mess up, you will get it, I promise!!

Meseidy said...

Ok I am going to print out these instructions and see if I get tonight. lol