Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Last Night's Interview

So I went to this interview last night for the "personal sales assistant".  It is as a n assistant to a General Manager of a car dealership.  When he told me the dealership over the phone I thought it was another place, like a Carmax or something.  When I get there is a small mom & pop used car dealership, but I decide not to judge a book by its cover and still go in.  I meet with the manager and it was sounding pretty good at first and he practically offered me the position. But then he started going more in depth and he mentions the commercials he does and that he has the "Miracle Girls" in the commercial and in his ads and he points to an add on his desk.  Then it hits me and I remember his commercials where he has girls in the background like props, you can imagine the type.  Then he tells me about the 3 other candidates and he even has the guts to say to me about one of the girls "she is pretty....not as pretty as you" basically saying in so many words he was looking for a pretty girl to be his assistant because it can attract more business.  So he asks me if I was interested and I said I would have to think about it.  As I thought about it more and more I thought.um...no! lol Not really a position I would want to be in!  Ugh, typical car salesman....LOL   After that I went home and then to the gym. :) 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! You never told me about his comment on you being pretty. You can attract 'em girl! :-) sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen!