Monday, August 08, 2005

Ultimate Frisbee

I have managed to yet add another injury to my long list of injuries.  However I am happy to say that this one was not self inflicted like most of them are.  I hung out with the folks from the small group I visited several Tuesdays ago.  We all met up at the ocean front and played a game of ultimate frisbee.   It is basically like football but with a Frisbee, but you can’t run with the frisbee.  So and I running down the field…..or beach, towards the frisbee and I get taken out by one of the guys.  He manages to step on my toe….hard!  It turned my nail up and started to bleed…..GROSS!  So I gimped my way over to the shower, where everyone goes to wash off the sand and rinsed off my toe.  But I am a tough girl I was ok, slapped a band-aid on the toe and sat out the rest of the game.  I haven’t been able to wear closed toe shoes, but otherwise it is doing well.

Afterwards we all went out for dinner.  It was a good time.  I was in the middle of the long table so I got to participate in variety of conversations.  The whole group seems really nice and the welcomed me right in.  I never felt out of place and that says a lot. 

Sunday I went to church, which was great I really needed to go and afterwards my new friends invited me out for lunch.  It was all in all a good weekend.  I thank God for bringing me new friends. J

No comments: