Monday, August 22, 2005

My Tendancy to Be a Recluse

Ok I am guilty! If I am having a rough time I have a tendency to be a little reclusive and I don’t discriminate. I had a bit of a tough weekend. I did nothing on Saturday but sleep in and laid on the coach….nice huh? And I could have done the same on Sunday, except I actually got up and went to church, even though I was totally distracted throughout the entire service. I know the topic was to pray for the nations but I unfortunately didn’t get much out of it, my mind was elsewhere. I did go out to lunch with the friends that I have made at church and then I went home. I plopped on the couch again with the intention of not getting up. 1. Because I felt like I poured myself into the sofa so there was no way I was going to get out of it, it is my safe place. 2. There was a Law & Order marathon on, and at the time I found the show and the pint of Haagen-Dazs I was eating very comforting. But one of my close girlfriends called me and invited me over for dinner and although my initial intention was to say no, I found myself saying yes. To my amazement I managed to turn off the tv get my tail off the sofa and over to her house. She is a great friend! We talked and prayed, she was a great support, I thank God for such a good friend.

Unfortunately over my bubble weekend I forgot that my mother was going into surgery this morning. I didn’t find out till I finally check my messages this morning from over the weekend. She had gastric bypass about a year ago and was now eligible for the plastic surgery. While I was all wrapped up in myself I forgot about my mother’s surgery. I called her today and thank God she is doing well.

On a lighter and more amusing note. I got the hiccups really bad this afternoon after lunch. I was holding my breath and drinking water but nothing was working. Then I get an email for one of my co-workers who is the secretary to the son of the owner of the firm and she works with him sometimes. So I get this email from her telling me that he “The Boss Man” wants to see me. My heart sunk and I about freaked, then from the corner of my eye I see her looking at me with a big grin. I was a joke! She was pulling my chain and my hiccups where gone. Unbelievable!

No comments: