Monday, August 29, 2005

New Hobby - Knit and Purl

Hello! Hope we all had a good weekend. I especially hope it was better than mine. Well I have decided to attempt to pick up a new hobby, knitting. Those of you reading this that know me personally probably don’t think that Meseidy and knitting go together or even sound right in the same sentence, but yes I am going to attempt to knit. I bought a small starter kit over the weekend and have finally figured out how to knit and purl. Now I need to learn how to read these crazy pattern instructions and what are increase and decrease. Tonight am going to swing by the store and pick up another book, some more yarn and another set of needles. I can already think of several projects that I would like to attempt and since it is a hobby that is easy to do while watching tv…. it won’t interrupt my very important Law & Order time. One of the projects I would really like to try is the hat below for the winter (click on the pic to download pattern).

So far I have found it very relaxing, but I am having trouble keeping track of the pattern and what rows I am on but I will figure it out with time. Samson my cat seems to be enjoying the new hobby. He keeps playing with and trying to eat the yard while I knit. Last night I had to take a time out and untie him from the yarn because he got himself all knotted up. LOL We will see how well I do and whether or not I get frustrated with the new hobby.

Cool Knitting Links

Knitting Help

Knit Picks

Knit Happens

Purls Beyond Price

Vogue Knitting

1 comment:

Lovely Lisa said...

I love knitting! I didn't think I would, because it takes so long to finish a project, but it actually is very habit-forming, so I can just knit and knit (and purl) during my fav tvshows---good luck!!