Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Knitting Issues Continue!

As I have mentioned before I have picked up knitting. I finished my first project which was a scarf…..HURRAY! Now I am on to my second project which will be a wrap for me. So here is my problem. I’m staring this new project, the wrap, and it tells you to cast off on 90 stitches, which is fine and then knit 3 rows, increasing 21 stitches on the third row to total 111 stitches, which I have been able to do. Then on the next row you K1, P2, *P3, P2togback (through the back loop), yo, P1, yo, Sl1, P1, P2tog, P5* till last 3 stitches P2, K1. (Something like that, I don’t have the pattern here with me but I am pretty sure it is close to this) So I have gotten up to there ok and have complete everything in the repeat *s and only been left with 3 stitches successfully. However, when I move on to the next row, which is very similar except it is knitting instead of purling, when I get down to the last 3 stitches I am still in the middle of trying to complete the repeat of the pattern, in other words I am running short on loops. Any ideas why? I have attempted this several times and it is driving me nuts. Am I not doing the yarn over right, do I not understand correctly what P2tog and K2tog means (purl together and knit together, knit or purl 2 stitches together right?) So any suggestions or advice? Ugh if I have to unravel this one more time I am going to scream!

technorati tag:

No comments: