Saturday, September 03, 2005

Zoom...Zoom...Zoom....



I just came back for an unexpected fun evening. I am house sitting for my girlfriend and her husband. They have a very sweet dog that I am watching over the weekend. I thought today was going to be a slow and lonley day, just me and the dog watching TV while I did some knitting. But it turned out to be a very fun evening. One of my girlfriends called me and invited me to go out with her and some of her friends for dinner and then Go-kart driving. First we went out to dinner to a authentic German restaurant, it was yummy! Then we headed over to an indoor go-kart track that I had no idea exsisted. It was a blast, granted it isn't cheap and you are only on the track for 8 minutes but it was a rush. At first I was really nearvous and afraid that I was going to spin out of control on the turns but one I got the hang of it it was awsome! In no time I was coming up behing people and passing them. I have always dreamed of racing cars professionally I love speed. Go-kart driving is a hobby that I could definatly potentially get into. Make room....zoom.....zoom! I didn't do so hot though, I think it was because I was nervous when I first go on the track. I came in second to last....but hey at least I didn't come in last.
After the track we headed over to a small new restaurant that specialized in cordials, dessert and fondue. It was very yummy! It was a group of 6 people so we got to bowls of fondue, Chocolate Brandy Pecan and Creamy Rum Bananna. They gave us a tray with an array of pound cake, fruit, brownies and marshmellows and we gobbled it all up. Now I am stuffed and am feeling that I will definatly be running on the tredmill tomorrow.
All in all it was a surprisingly fun evening, which I am grateful for, because otherwise I would have just sat her at home thinking about things that would drive me insane and then just be sad. Now I am going to go and wash the race track grim off of me and chill for a bit before bedtime. Tomorrow I got church and I am working with the kiddys, so I need all the energy I can get.

No comments: